Sunday, May 23, 2010

blogga baby may 23

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/21/utah.elizabeth.smart.kidnapper/index.html

My article is from cnn.com, and deals with Elizabeth Smart's court case. Elizabeth smart in 2001 was kidnapped from her home by a man Brian David Mitchell. She was gone for
nine months. She was held captive near her house in Salt lake city, Utah with Mitchell and wife, Wanda Barzee. Wanda, on friday
had her court case and was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison. She pleaded guilty to the counts, and at the trial told the Smart family
how sorry she was for her actions. She was also deemed a sex offender.

This is an interesting case, about an interesting person. Wanda some-what sat back and watched her husband kidnap a young girl
and hold her captive for 9 months. I think that years of being with her husband made her some what insane. Although she did not kidnap
Elizabeth, she didn't do anything about it. Really weird. I do believe she is regretful about her actions and highly doubt she will ever do anything
like that again. I remember this case and knew a lot about it so it is interesting to read this. I am glad Elizabeth and her family are doing well though!

No comments:

Post a Comment