Sunday, December 6, 2009

Political Cartoon December 4


Political Cartoons by Larry Wright
December 4th,2009-caglecartoons.com
I thought this political cartoon was clever because it deals with recent media outbreak and makes a good point about our news. On the left is talking about how big of a deal it was in the news that Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, and in the right it talks about how they didn't need to waste a lot of time and money looking for real news.
Our society is so caught up with scandal and other people's lifes that they are not concerned with the big things we should be worrying about like health care, or the war, or global warming. The news focuses on so many material things that don't matter. If the news did talk about important issues, we would be so much more informed and involved. I agree with this message.

2 comments:

  1. I think the news is great. The news is trying to keep up with television shows through sensationalizing itself. Is it my fault that I'd rather hear about scandals than "real issues"? If the news could make "real news" more interesting then I would be ok with sitting through it. My suggestion: Autotune the News.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoD3NUux3M&feature=PlayList&p=kLi6BpF1IZ4

    I can pay attention to that and learn something from the "boring" news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comic is great. The news is becoming obsessed with scandal and gossip. Watching the news nowadays is like watching people magazine in video form. If the nation would quit complaining about how uneducated the general public was about current events and the goings on of the american politics and just give the news, maybe we would be in a better place, and have more informed citizens. Leave the gossip to the gossip magazines, there is already an entire industry just for that.

    ReplyDelete